Worth the Effort: Finding and Developing the Talents of Twice Exceptional Learners in SchoolsPaper
This presentation will discuss talking points regarding the development of talents in twice exceptional (2e) learners. Among the questions discussed are the following:
1. Who are these learners—really?
2. Why do so few of them necessitate efforts to have their talents developed?
3. Do 2e learners have ANYTHING in common?
4. What can we expect if we do not put out the effort to develop their talents?
5. How do we find these learners, systematically?
6. How do we support these learners—uniquely?
Participants will hear from some 2e learners directly in a short video clip, and research extant on these learners will be discussed.